The work continues. We are bringing back, for its seventh year, #TheSeason. We didn’t do these first year, but have ever since. It’s something nobody else does. We compile all season records and write a wrapup for each team. To get them completed more quickly, we are summarizing these a bit more than in seasons past.
Today, we are on the downhill portion of Round 2, closing in on finishing the round, with West Port.
You can see everything I have on the Wolfpack in 2020-21 here –> WEST PORT
Win/loss record: 0-1 in dual meets reported to Matmen. We were missing two dual meets for West Port from the MCIAC conference tournament, and thus all Wolfpack records will have asterisks attached, to indicate incomplete results.
Season in a nutshell:
- 23rd at 39th Annual Kiwanis Invitational, 12/11-12 (25 teams)
- Bobcat Roundrobin, 1/2 (12 teams; no team scores)
- 6th at 3A-District 2, 2/19 (7 teams)
- 25th at 3A-Region 1, 2/26-27 (30 teams)
Projected key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2021-22 (with year in school as of next season): Tristan Perez (senior, 0-9* at 126, district 3rd, 0-2 at regions); Justin Salazar (junior, 0-9* at 132, district 3rd, 0-2 at regions); Kieran Ball (senior, 6-9* at 138, district 3rd, 0-2 at regions); Tyler Pinkowski (senior, 11-7* at 145, district runnerup, 2-2 at regions); Nicholes Colon (senior, 1-9* at 152, district 6th); Evan Lewis (junior, 4-8* at 160, district 5th); Luis Sotomeyer (senior, 4-7* at 182, district 4th, 1-2 at regions); Nathan Bonczek (junior, 1-10* at 220, district 6th).
Projected losses (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Frangelo Baltodano (7-10* at 120, district 5th#, 0-2 at regions).
# — additional region qualifier per FHSAA schematic
2020-21 MVP: Tyler Pinkowski
- 3-2 at Hernando Kiwanis
- 3-2 (9th) at Bobcat Roundrobin
- 4-3 in post-season series (see above; team’s lone district finalist & Saturday regions competitor)
2021-22 captain: Kieran Ball
- 2-2 at Hernando Kiwanis
- 2-3 (6th) at Bobcat Roundrobin
- 2-3 in post-season series (see above)
Zander Laurin Warrior: Frangelo Baltadano
- Lone key senior on a team that had 4 HCs in previous 3 years
- Only Wildcat to place at Hernando Kiwanis (4th)
- After two district losses, won by fall for 5th and extended his season by another week