The work continues. We are bringing back, for its seventh year, #TheSeason. We didn’t do these first year, but have ever since. It’s something nobody else does. We compile all season records and write a wrapup for each team. To get them completed more quickly, we are summarizing these a bit more than in seasons past.
Today, we have our second Round 4 recap of the day with Ribault, our second independent team. There is one more in our coverage area, but I’ll have to do some research to see if that program competed at all in 2020-21.
You can see everything I have on the Trojans in 2020-21 here –> RIBAULT
Win/loss record: 0-5 in dual meets reported to Matmen. There was one additional dual that we did not receive from the Trojans’ quad meet on January 14.
Season in a nutshell:
- 10th at USMC Challenge, 1/9 (11 teams)
- 10th at Westside Roundrobin, 1/16 (11 teams)
- 11th at Wolfpack Challenge, 1/23 (13 teams)
- 13th at Gateway Conference, 1/29-30 (15 teams)
- 20th at Clay Rotary, 2/5-6 (20 teams)
Projected key returners (10+ matches this past season) for 2021-22 (with year in school as of next season): Jamal Vickers (sophomore, 3-7 at 113); Stephen Rosten (sophomore, 15-9 at 160); Breon Jordan (senior, 7-4 at 160); Ahmad Barney (junior, 7-9 at 170); Tre’Veon Rosier (senior, 3-8 at 195).
Projected losses (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: None.
(All season records should be viewed in light of the one missing dual from January 14)
2020-21 MVP: Stephen Rosten
- 3-1 (3rd) at USMC Challenge
- 3-2 (5th) at Westside Roundrobin
- 3-1 (3rd) at Wolfpack Challenge
- 2-1 (3rd) at Gateway Conference
- 2-2 at Clay Rotary (only team member to compete at Clay)
2021-22 captain: Breon Jordan
- 2-1 (4th) at USMC Challenge
- 2-2 (6th) at Westside Roundrobin
- 2-1 (2nd) at Wolfpack Challenge
Zander Laurin Warrior: Ahmad Barney
- Second on the team in # of matches wrestled
- Got out to a 7-3 start, winning five of six mathes at USMC Challenge and Westside Roundrobin
- Struggled down the stretch, falling in each of final six matches, but went out against dynamite first-match competition in both Wolfpack Challenge and Gateway Conference to try to score points for team