The work continues. We are bringing back, for its seventh year, #TheSeason. We didn’t do these first year, but have ever since. It’s something nobody else does. We compile all season records and write a wrapup for each team. To get them completed more quickly, we are summarizing these a bit more than in seasons past.
Today, we are closing out Round 4 with Ed White.
You can see everything I have on the Commanders in 2020-21 here –> ED WHITE
Win/loss record: 1-4 in dual meets reported to Matmen.
Season in a nutshell:
- 11th at USMC Challenge, 1/9 (11 teams
- 11th at Westside Roundrobin, 1/16 (11 teams)
- 12th at Gateway Conference, 1/29-30 (15 teams)
- T-7th at 1A-District 3, 2/20 (8 teams)
- T-26th at 1A-Region 1, 2/26-27 (30 teams)
Projected key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2021-22 (with year in school as of next season): Da’vaughn Patterson (junior, 8-6 at 195, district 3rd, 2-2 at regions); Jordan Jackson (junior, 3-8 at 220, district 6th).
Projected losses (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Sebastian Gonzalez (8-5 at 145, district runnerup, did not compete at regions); Keyshun Spivey (3-8 at 170, 0-1 at districts-injured).
2020-21 MVP: Da’vaughn Patterson
- 0-2 at Westside Roundrobin
- 4-3 in post-season series (see above)
2021-22 captain: Jordan Jackson
- 0-2 at USMC Challenge
- 1-2 at Gateway Conference
- 0-2 in post-season series (see above)
2020-21 Zander Laurin Warrior: Sebastian Gonzalez
- Had been team’s top performer in 2019-20, was 3rd at USMC Challenge
- Added another place finish by taking fourth at Gateway
- Had team’s top individual performance at districts, reaching the 145 final, but didn’t compete at Region 1