The work continues. We are bringing back, for its seventh year, #TheSeason. We didn’t do these first year, but have ever since. It’s something nobody else does. We compile all season records and write a wrapup for each team. To get them completed more quickly, we are summarizing these a bit more than in seasons past.
Today, we have just two teams left in Round 5. Florida High, our next team, is one of those two.
You can see everything I have on the Seminoles in 2020-21 here –> FLORIDA HIGH
Win/loss record: 9-16 in dual meets reported to Matmen.
Season in a nutshell:
- 4th at Cam Brown Classic, 12/4/5 (12 teams)
- 5th at Capital City Classic, 12/11-12 (5 teams)
- 1-1 at 1A-District-2 Duals, 12/15 & 17
- 3-4 (8th) at Yulee Duals, 12/18-19 (14 teams)
- 32nd at Knockout Christmas Classic, 12/28-29 (52 teams)
- 2-1 at Keystone Memorial Duals, 1/8
- T-10th at Keystone Memorial IBT, 1/9 (20 teams)
- 8th at 2nd Annual George Mulligan Memorial, 1/22-23 (18 teams)
- 0-5 (10th) at MyHOUSE Invitational, 1/30 (10 teams)
- 3-2 (T-4th) at Timberwolf Duals, 2/6 (10 teams)
- 2nd at 1A-District 2, 2/20 (6 teams)
- T-5th at 1A-Region 1, 2/26-27 (30 teams)
- T-15th at 1A State, 3/5-6 (68 teams)
Projected key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2021-22 (with year in school as of next season): Delandre Leconte (sophomore, 0-19 at 113, district 3rd, 0-2 at regions); Nicholas Roeder (sophomore, 10-14 at 138/145, did not compete in post-season traditionals); Isaiah Ridlen (junior, 7-6 at 138/145, did not compete in post-season traditionals); Anthony Bedoya (sophomore, 13-12 at 145, district 4th, 2-2 at regions); Isaac Joyner (sophomore, 9-17 at 145/152, did not compete in post-season traditionals); Kyle Keigans (senior, 18-14 at 152, district 3rd, 0-2 at regions); Xander Hawkes (sophomore, 19-21 at 160, district runnerup, region 4th, 0-2 at states); Caleb Keigans (senior, 10-8 at 160/170, did not compete in post-season traditionals); Liam Hawkes (senior, 9-11 at 170, district runnerup, 1 match from states); John Campbell (senior, 13-16 at 182, district 4th, 1-2 at regions); Luke Mayo (senior, 6-8 at 220, did not compete in post-season traditionals); Adam Stinson (senior, 12-6 at 285, district 3rd, 2-2 at regions).
Projected losses (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Tyler Reeve (46-4 at 126, district champ, region champ, state runnerup); Cyrus Selman (18-16 at 132, district 3rd, 1-2 at regions); Emil Ganim (35-13 at 138, district runnerup, region 3rd, state 6th); Micah Perdue (35-8 at 195, district champ, region champ, 1 match from state medal); Amarrie Harris (21-11 at 220, district 3rd, 1 match from states).
2020-21 MVP: Tyler Reeve
- 4-0 (1st) at Cam Brown Classic
- 5-0 (1st) at Capital City Classic
- 1-0 at 1A-District 2 Duals
- 7-0 at Yulee Duals
- 3-2 at Knockout Christmas Classic
- 6-1 (3rd) at Keystone Memorial
- 3-0 (1st) at 2nd Annual George Mulligan Memorial
- 5-0 at Timberwolf Duals
- 9-1 in post-season series (see attached)
2021-22 captain: Liam Hawkes
- 1-2 at Cam Brown Classic
- 2-2 (3rd) at Capital City Classic
- 3-1 at Timberwolf Duals
- 3-3 in post-season series (see attached)
2020-21 Zander Laurin Warriors: Emil Ganim & Micah Perdue
- Ganim had to learn how to deal with significant jump in weight class in junior year, while Perdue battled through the same this year
- In senior year, Ganim won just one tournament title (George Mulligan), while Perdue took two (Cam Brown and Keystone Memorial)
- After a loss in George Mulligan final, Perdue rallied back with district and region titles in his final season to qualify for state, while Ganim lost only to champ at both district and region tournaments, securing state medal with revenge win in blood round