We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. As we have no other sets of season records, we go to the next district with a random selection, which was Mandarin. Records are pretty close to what was reported at time of the FHSAA traditional series.
You can see everything I have on the Mustangs in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 14-7 in duals as reported.
- 8th at Joe Bees Memorial Battle of the Border, January 7-8 (15 teams).
- 4th at Westside Roundrobin, January 15 (7 teams).
- 6th at Paxon Invitational, January 22 (16 teams).
- 2nd at Gateway Conference, January 28-29 (15 teams).
- 5th at 3A-District 1 IBT, February 16 (8 teams).
- T-11th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-43rd at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (72 teams).
* — combined with Bolles for place round
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Devin Foster (senior, 12-7 at 126/132, did not compete in post-season traditional); Amari McKinnon (senior, 11-9 at 152/160, did not compete in post-season traditional); Isaiah Diltz (junior, 17-15 at 160, District 1 5th); Adrian Rodriguez (senior, 23-7 at 170, District 1 runnerup, 1 match from states); Jaelen Simmons (senior, 30-4 at 195, District 1 champ, 1 match from states); De’Shawn Wise-Minor (senior, 17-13 at 220, District 1 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Joshua Edwards (junior, 12-17 at 285, did not compete in post-season traditional).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Jameel Smith (39-3 at 132, District 1 runnerup, 1 match from states); Xavier Plumey (8-7 at 160/170, did not compete in post-season traditional); Tony Carter (33-2 at 182, District 1 champ, Region 1 champ, state 5th).