We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. As we have no other sets of season records, we go to the next district with a random selection, which was Middleburg. Our records mostly match up, based on Track reporting and offling reporting sent to me. There was one missing set of results from the girls’ side.
You can see everything I have on the Broncos in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 15-12 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- T-5th at Capital City Classic, December 10-11 (17 teams).
- 10th at Keystone Memorial, January 8 (25 teams).
- 2nd at Paxon Invitational, January 22 (16 teams).
- T-7th at Big Bend Invitational, January 28-29 (18 teams).
- 3rd at Clay Rotary Invitational, February 4-5 (36 teams).
- 5th at 2A-District 2 IBT, February 16 (8 teams).
- 6th at 2A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (33 teams).
- T-55th at 2A State IBT, March 3-5 (80 teams).
- 18th at Lady Clash of Titans, December 3 (27 teams).
- 10th at Ponte Vedra Girls IBT, December 11 (16 teams).
- Tiger Roundrobin, December 18 (no team scores; unknown # of teams in event).
- Girls’ Knockout Christmas Classic, December 27-28 (46 teams; no team scores).
- 12th at Lady Rams Tournament of Champions, January 8 (18 teams).
- 11th at Lady Pirate Classic, January 15 (13 teams).
- 8th at Lyman Greyhound Invitational, January 22 (22 teams).
- 2nd at District 2 IBT, February 10 (11 teams).
- 13th at Region 1 IBT, February 18-19 (53 teams).
- T-22nd at State IBT, March 3-5 (122 teams).
- Beast of the Beach girls’ roundrobin, December 20-21 (not reported to Track).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Jackson Hornback (sophomore, 44-14 at 106, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 3rd, 1 match from state medal); Adam McGarvey (sophomore, 10-6 at 106/113, did not compete in post-season traditional); Grady Woodard (junior, 41-14 at 113, District 2 3rd, Region 1 3rd, 0-2 at states); Wyatt Leduc (sophomore, 35-9 at 120, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 runnerup, 0-2 at states); Caleb Eastwood (sophomore, 10-8 at 120/126, did not compete in post-season traditional); Thomas Stokes (senior, 10-11 at 126/132, did not compete in post-season traditional); Dylan Johns (junior, 22-21 at 132, District 2 6th); Logan Moore (senior, 35-18 at 138, District 2 runnerup, 1 match from states); Christian Hutchens (sophomore, 8-13 at 145, District 2 6th); Levi Smith (sophomore, 5-16 at 145/152, did not compete in post-season traditional); Aden Thornton (senior, 21-16 at 152, District 2 4th, 1-2 at Region 1); Logan Miller (sophomore, 4-12 at 170, did not compete in post-season traditional); Austin Cruce (junior, 28-12 at 182, did not compete in post-season traditional); River Barlow (sophomore, 8-18 at 182/195, did not compete in post-season traditional); Tucker Cody (junior, 30-13 at 220, District 2 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1); Bryce Meldrum (senior, 5-11 at 285, District 2 4th, did not compete at regions).
Projected girls key returners (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Gracie Bradshaw (senior, 24-11 at 110, District 2 champ, Region 1 3rd, state 8th); Cheyenne Cruce (sophomore, 25-14 at 190, District 2 champ, Region 1 3rd, state 4th).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Riley Girgis (31-6 at 126, District 2 runnerup, Region 2 runnerup, 1 match from state medal).