We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. As we have no other sets of season records, we go to the next district with a random selection, which was Wekiva. Records are as compiled from events listed on the Trackwrestling schedule as varsity events, with, in most post-season starters’ instances, adjustments made for missing events.
You can see everything I have on the Mustangs in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 0-5 in duals as reported or searchable via Trackwrestling.
Season in a nutshell:
- 13th at Metro Conference, February 4-5 (22 teams).
- 9th at Ocoee Mat Classic, February 12 (17 teams).
- T-5th at 3A-District 4 IBT, February 19 (8 teams).
- T-11th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-49th at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (72 teams).
- Women’s Metro, January 28 (11th of 21 teams; team scores include boys 9-10).
- 10th at District 5 IBT, February 7 (11 teams).
- T-32nd at Region 2 IBT, February 18 (39 teams).
- Wekiva Stampede, December 9
- Rest of Falcon Duals, December 17-18
- Dr Phillips dual, January 6
- Cypress Creek dual, January 14
- Dr Phillips & Windermere tri-meet, January 18
- Edgewater dual, January 20
- Lake Brantley Brawl, January 26
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Thomas Tindall (sophomore, 4-16 at 126, District 4 5th); Seth Galvin (senior, 34-13 at 145, District 4 runnerup, Region 1 4th, 1 match from state medal); Kyren Elie (junior, 2-9 at 195, District 4 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Charles Hall (senior, 7-13 at 220, District 4 T-5th*); Holley Saintmelus (senior, 34-8 at 285, District 4 champ, Region 1 champ, 0-2 at states).
Projected girls key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Ramiyah Steele (senior, 8-5 at 190, District 5 runnerup, 1 match from state).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Joshua Raphael (28-6 at 132, District 4 champ, 2-1 at Region 1, did not compete in second day).
* — District 4 did not post (not known if contested) 5th-place matches