We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. As we have no other sets of season records, we go to the next district with a random selection, which was Raines. Records are pretty close to what was reported at time of the FHSAA traditional series, and no results were missing.
You can see everything I have on the Vikings in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 1-1 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- 8th at Amanda St John Memorial Holiday, December 18 (xx teams).
- 7th at Gateway Conference, January 28-29 (15 teams).
- 22nd at Clay Rotary, February 4-5 (36 teams).
- 7th at 1A-District 3 IBT, February 15 (8 teams).
- 11th at 1A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- 14th at 1A State IBT, March 3-5 (72 teams).
- 7th at Inaugural Clay Rotary, February 5 (17 teams).
- 7th at District 2 IBT, February 10 (11 teams).
- 18th at Region 1 IBT, February 19 (53 teams).
- T-43rd at State IBT, March 3-5 (122 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Larry Smith (sophomore, 5-9 at 126, District 3 6th); D’Cari Wilson (junior, 7-10 at 285, District 3 3rd, 2-2 at Region 1).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Shanise West (10-6 at 105, District 2 runnerup, 1 match from state); De’Quon King (19-4 at 120, District 3 champ, Region 1 runnerup, state 5th); Jamari Watson (19-3 at 220, District 3 champ, Region 1 runnerup, state runnerup); Jada Arnold (8-5 at 235, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 runnerup, state 5th).