We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. The next district in rotation was 2A-District 3 and its final team to recap was Riverside. Records are mostly as compiled, with a couple of adjustments made to post-season starters’ records based on what was reported to the IBT district host. There were a few duals missing from the Generals’ schedule.
You can see everything I have on the Generals in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 0-7 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- 10th at Hammer Invitational, December 21 (12 teams).
- 9th at Marine Corps Challenge, January 8 (10 teams).
- 11th at Wolfpack Challenge, January 15 (14 teams).
- 10th at Paxon Invitational, January 22 (16 teams).
- 11th at Gateway Conference, January 28-29 (15 teams).
- T-27th at Clay Rotary, February 4-5 (36 teams).
- 8th at 2A-District 3 IBT, February 17 (8 teams).
- 24th at 2A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (33 teams).
- Tri-meet, January 12
- Tri-meet, February 2
- Paxon dual, February 9
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): King Taylor (junior, 5-10 at 126, did not compete in post-season traditional); Cedric Livingston (sophomore, 5-20 at 152, District 3 6th); Anthony Kearney (junior, 6-10 at 170, District 3 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1); Donald Reed (junior, 3-10 at 182, District 3 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1); Thomas Jones (senior, 30-9 at 220, District 3 champ, 1 match from states); Kamari Perkins (junior, 24-7 at 285, District 3 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: None.