We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We will sweep through each district, one at a time, until all 100 teams are completed. The next district in rotation was 3A-District 2 and its final team to be completed is Seminole. Records were as compiled, with adjustments based upon what was reported to the IBT district host. As there were a couple sets of missing results, some wrestlers will have complete records; others will have asterisks attached to note that our record is not fully complete.
You can see everything I have on the Noles in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 8-9 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- T-11th at 48th Bill Scott Memorial, December 17-18 (17 teams).
- 9th at Milton-Winter-Cousins Memorial, January 14-15 (19 teams).
- 1st at War Eagle Classic, January 29 (8 teams).
- 4th at SAC Conference Meet, February 5 (8 teams).
- 4th at 3A-District 2 IBT, February 18 (8 teams).
- 13th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-58th at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (72 teams).
- 11th at Lady Clash of Titans, December 3 (28 teams).
- 6th at Johnny Rouse Girls IBT, December 16 (17 teams).
- 15th at Lyman Greyhound Open, January 22 (22 teams).
- 4th at SAC Girls’ Conference Meet, February 5 (8 teams).
- 6th at District 4 IBT, February 8 (12 teams).
- 17th at Region 1 IBT, February 18-19 (53 teams).
- 89th at State IBT, March 3-5 (122 teams).
- Edgewater tri-meet, December 7 (received final score only for Lake Howell dual).
- Brawl at Boone, January 22
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Joseph Powell (junior, 14-19 at 113, District 2 6th); Jeremiah Isaak (senior, 13-11* at 126, did not compete in post-season traditional); Ryan Culbertson (senior, 31-13 at 132, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 4th, 0-2 at states); Robert Markey (senior, 14-10 at 145, District 2 5th); Ricci Todd (senior, 11-9* at 195, did not compete in post-season traditional); Jerome Johnson (senior, 16-18 at 285, District 2 5th).
Projected girls key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Brianna Pena (senior, 20-5 at 120, District 4 champ, Region 1 3rd, 1 match from state medal); Michelle Lopez (senior, 9-9 at 125, District 4 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1); Isabelle Martin (senior, 18-7 at 135, District 4 champ, 1 match from state); Jayda Rankin (sophomore, 6-6* at 155, did not compete in post-season traditional).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Noah Barbour (19-15 at 120, District 2 5th); Abdelkrin Salomon (30-11 at 138, District 2 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 0-2 at states); Tatiana Louisius (4-7 at 140, District 4 4th, did not compete at regions); Benjamin Buhring (42-10 at 152, District 2 4th, Region 1 3rd, 0-2 at states); William James (19-4* at 160, did not compete in post-season traditional); Wordner Edoward (30-13 at 170, District 2 runnerup, 1-2 at Region 1); Desmond Harris (11-11* at 220, did not compete in post-season traditional).