We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
We have three teams left to complete. First up in 2A-District 1 is Arnold. Records are as compiled from stats throughout the season; we were missing two duals and slight adjustments were needed for a few post-season wrestlers. Asterisks will be needed for those who did not compete in the post-season, to reflect a partially-incomplete status.
You can see everything I have on the Marlins in 2021-22 here –> 21-22 RECORDS
Win/loss record: 3-14 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- 19th at Border Wars IX, December 3-4 (21 teams).
- 14th at Ryan Blackwell Invitational, December 11 (17 teams).
- 16th at Gator Brawl, January 14-15 (17 teams).
- 15th at George Mulligan Memorial, February 21-22 (17 teams).
- 6th at Spearfish Tournament, February 5 (10 teams).
- 9th at 2A-District 1 IBT, February 16 (10 teams).
- T-27th at 2A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (33 teams).
- 17th at District 1 IBT, February 9 (17 teams).
- T-51st at Region 1 IBT, February 19 (53 teams).
- Remainder of Bay quad, December 14
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Anthony Bradbury (sophomore, 24-27 at 106, District 1 5th#, 0-2 at Region 1); Zachary Wootton (sophomore, 8-16* at 120/126, did not compete in post-season traditional); Alexander Neisler (sophomore, 16-26 at 132, 1-2 at District 1); Braxton Cook (junior, 4-4 at 138, 0-2 at District 1); Ian Samarripa (senior, 6-12* at 160, did not compete in post-season traditional); Christian McDonald (sophomore, 14-20 at 170, 1-2 at District 1); Bryan Beard (sophomore, 7-23 at 195, 0-2 at District 1); Alister Lollie (junior, 6-12* at 195/220, did not compete in post-season traditional).
Projected girls key returners (10+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2022-23 (with year in school as of next season): Maddie Nichols (sophomore, 1-6 at 140, District 1 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1).
Projected losses (10+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Eimantas Skirius (27-7 at 220, District 1 runnerup, 2-2 at Region 1).
# — additional region qualifier per FHSAA schematic