We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a complete set of all records for all varsity starts for their team (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). In that event, that team will go immediately to the head of the line. Our next team, Mandarin, was on random selection.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Mustangs in 2022-23 here –> MANDARIN
Duals record: 5-13 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- 5th at Optimist Invitational, December 3 (17 teams).
- 3rd at Raider Duals #1, December 7 (6 teams).
- T-11th at Yulee Duals, December 16-17 (18 teams).
- 9th at Hammer Invitational, December 22 (17 teams).
- T-5th at 3A-District 1 Duals, January 4 (7 teams participated).
- 10th at Joe Bees Memorial Battle of the Border, January 6-7 (15 teams).
- 7th at Gateway Conference, January 20-21 (15 teams).
- 25th at Clay Rotary, February 3-4 (39 teams).
- 7th at 3A-District 1 IBT, February 17 (8 teams).
- 19th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- 39th at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (80 teams).
Projected key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Anthony Battinelli (senior, 4-7 at 126, 0-2 at District 1); McKayle Calhoun (sophomore, 3-6 at 132, 0-2 at District 1); Micah Ivanoff (junior, 8-14 at 138, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Antonio Ramos (senior, 25-15 at 145, District 1 4th, 2-2 at Region 1); Brendan Warren (sophomore, 14-17 at 152, District 1 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Isaiah Diltz (senior, 16-15 at 160, District 1 3rd, 2-2 at Region 1); Christian Ryan (junior, 7-24 at 170, District 1 6th); Xavier McNeill (junior, 16-13 at 182, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Ryan Sirico (senior, 19-18 at 195, District 1 5th); William Jackson (senior, 9-21 at 285, District 1 6th).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Jaiden Taylor (12-10 at 160, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Jaelen Simmons (32-10 at 220, District 1 runnerup, Region 1 runnerup, 3A state 5th).