We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a complete set of all records for all varsity starts for their team (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). In that event, that team will go immediately to the head of the line. Our next team, Forest, was on random selection.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Wildcats in 2022-23 here –> FOREST
Duals record: 12-11 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- Bobcat Roundrobin, December 3 (10 teams; no team scores compiled).
- 24th at 41st Annual Kiwanis Invitational, December 9-10 (30 teams).
- 6th at 3A-District 2 Duals, January 3 (7 teams participated).
- 8th at 6th Annual Amanda St John Memorial Holiday, December 17 (13 teams).
- 11th at 33rd Annual Ron Peters Tournament of Champions, January 6-7 (22 teams).
- Unknown team finish at Rob Hermann Cup Duals, January 20-21 (unknown # of teams).
- 18th at 37th Flagler Rotary, January 27-28 (30 teams).
- 3rd at MCIAC Duals Tournament, February 1 (5 teams).
- 31st at Clay Rotary, February 3-4 (39 teams).
- Unknown team finish at TD Talbott Legion Duals, February 11 (unknown # of teams).
- 7th at 3A-District 2 IBT, February 15 (8 teams).
- 14th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-66th at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (72 teams).
Projected key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Scott Smith (senior, 22-12 at 106, District 2 champ, 1 match from 3A state); Sabastian Arthur (sophomore, 11-17 at 106, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Toby Campbell (senior, 4-6 at 113, District 2 3rd, 2-2 at Region 1); Aydan Ruano (senior, 29-4 at 120, District 2 3rd, Region 1 3rd, did not compete at 3A state); Brent Ryals (senior, 43-16 at 126, District 2 4th, 2-2 at Region 1); Skyler Hackl (sophomore, 19-20 at 145, 0-2 at District 2); Cameron Glowach (senior, 18-13 at 152, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Landon Cunningham (sophomore, 13-17 at 170, 0-2 at District 2); Gabe Cabrera (junior, 4-30 at 182, 0-2 at District 2); Ellis Lawson (junior, 30-19 at 195, District 2 4th, 2-2 at Region 1).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Cane Fernandez (22-4 at 285, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series).