We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a full snapshot of all records (team & individual) for all varsity starts (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). Our next team, Liberty County, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Bulldogs in 2022-23 here –> LIBERTY COUNTY
Boys’ duals record: 2-6 in duals as reported.
Season in a nutshell:
- 6th at Cam Brown Classic, December 2-3 (10 teams).
- 34th at McCallie (TN) Invitational, December 9-10 (37 teams).
- 6th at Tiger Duals, December 17 (7 teams).
- 14th at Homewood (AL) Holiday Scramble, December 21 (15 teams).
- 4th at 1A-District 2 Duals, January 5 (5 teams participated).
- 13th 33rd Annual Ron Peters Tournament of Champions, January 6-7 (22 teams).
- 12th at Gator Brawl, January 13-14 (18 teams).
- 24th at 4th Annual George Mulligan Memorial, January 20-21 (29 teams).
- 12th at Wakulla FCA Invitational, January 27-28 (15 teams).
- 31st at Braves Invitational, February 3-4 (34 teams).
- 4th at 1A-District 2 IBT, February 16 (6 teams).
- 12th at 1A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (35 teams).
- 32nd at 1A State IBT, March 3-5 (69 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Thiago Finuff (sophomore, 3-29 at 106, District 2 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Jay Brown (junior, 49-13 at 120, District 2 champ, Region 1 champ, 1A state 5th); Hunter Brown (senior, 36-18 at 126, District 2 4th, 2-2 at Region 1); Keaton Ellis (junior, 26-16 at 132, District 2 3rd, 2-2 at Region 1); Jacob Wade (junior, 4-32 at 138, District 2 5th); Scout Harr (senior, 29-23 at 285, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 4th, 0-2 at 1A state).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Mason Geiger (15-25 at 220, District 2 4th, 0-2 at Region 1).