We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a full snapshot of all records (team & individual) for all varsity starts (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). Our next team, Horizon, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Eagles in 2022-23 here –> HORIZON
Duals record: 2-3 in duals as reported.
Boys’ season in a nutshell:
- 5th at Inaugural Gauntlet on the Grove, December 3 (9 teams).
- Mustang Scramble, December 7 (no team scores kept; unknown # of competing teams).
- 11th at Golden Triangle Invitational, December 10 (14 teams).
- 14th at 49th Bill Scott Memorial Lyman Tourney, December 16-17 (24 teams).
- T-5th at 2A-District 8/Nathan Brouwer Duals, January 7 (7 teams participated).
- 17th at Wolfpack IBT, January 28 (17 teams).
- 19th at Metro Invitational, February 3-4 (21 teams).
- 19th at Ocoee Mat Classic, February 11 (22 teams).
- 6th at 2A-District 8 IBT, February 16 (8 teams).
- T-21st at 2A-Region 2 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-69th at 2A State IBT, March 2-4 (81 teams).
Girls’ season in a nutshell:
- Oviedo Roundrobin, November 22 (4 teams; no team scores reported).
- T-31st at Grenadier Girls Grappler, December 10 (32 teams).
- T-49th at Let Freedom Ring Girls IBT, December 17 (57 teams).
- 17th at Girls’ Metro IBT, January 27 (20 teams).
- 13th at District 5, February 10 (14 teams).
- T-41st at Region 2, February 17 (52 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Aliaksei (Alex) Hrachou (sophomore, 3-12 at 138, District 8 5th); Pedro Pereira (junior, 6-10 at 145, District 8 5th); Ethan Viteri (senior, 11-11 at 152, District 8 3rd, 1-2 at Region 2); Tyler Silva (junior, 0-14 at 160, District 8 5th); Charlie Torbert (senior, 7-20 at 182, District 8 6th); Matteo Lasorsa (senior, 13-7 at 195, District 8 3rd, 2-2 at Region 2); Bo Kenney (senior, 24-11 at 220, District 8 3rd, Region 2 3rd, 0-2 at 2A state); Vinci Armas (senior, 8-10 at 220, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Samuel Robertson (senior, 7-23 at 285, District 8 4th, 0-2 at Region 2).
Projected girls key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Deleilah Viteri (junior, 15-7 at 120, District 5 runnerup, 2-2 at Region 2).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Joao Nascimento (15-2 at 160, did not comepte in FHSAA IBT series); Lorenzo Hernandez (10-13 at 170, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series).