We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a full snapshot of all records (team & individual) for all varsity starts (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). Our next team, South Lake, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
We won’t always break the girls out into separate attachments. It will depend on the size of the girls’ team.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Eagles in 2022-23 here –> SOUTH LAKE BOYS
You can see everything I have on the Lady Eagles in 2022-23 here –> SOUTH LAKE GIRLS
Boys’ duals record: 3-16 in duals as reported.
Girls’ duals record: 1-0.
Boys’ season in a nutshell:
- 21st at 41st Annual Kiwanis Invitational, December 9-10 (30 teams).
- 13th at 6th Annual Amanda St John Memorial Holiday, December 17 (13 teams).
- T-14th at 17th Ed Kilpatrick Classic, January 14 (17 teams).
- Unknown team finish at 17th Rob Hermann Cup Duals, January 20-21 (unknown # of teams).
- 3rd at Lake County Founders’ Cup, January 25 (4 teams).
- Unknown team finish at T D Talbott Legion Duals, February 11 (unknown # of teams).
- 7th at 3A-District 4 IBT, February 17 (7 teams).
- 28th at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
(team did not compete in FHSAA dual series)
Girls’ season in a nutshell:
- 10th at Lady Clash of the Titans, December 2 (25 teams).
- 6th at Lady Tiger IBT, December 3 (17 teams).
- 12th at Own The Ocean Girls IBT, December 10 (25 teams).
- 2nd at Skylar White Girls’ Tournament, December 17 (12 teams).
- 14th at 2nd Annual Lady Wildcat Scramble, January 7 (37 teams).
- Lady Bear Classic, January 14 (25 teams; no team scores reported).
- 4th at District 5, February 10 (14 teams).
- 9th at Region 2, February 17 (53 teams).
- 26th at State IBT, March 2-4 (124 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Aden Pierce (sophomore, 17-7 at 113, District 4 champ, did not compete at regions); Emmanuel Jones-Baez (sophomore, 5-18 at 132, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Tegan Beltram (sophomore, 9-12 at 170, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Jason Lee (junior, 6-20 at 182, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Jesse Barker (sophomore, 12-8 at 285, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series).
Projected girls key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Haley Harvey (junior, 12-17 at 110, District 5 3rd, 1-2 at Region 2); Justina Acevedo (senior, 15-13 at 120, District 5 4th, 0-2 at Region 2); Talia Augustin (junior, 6-14 at 125, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Joy Lawson (sophomore, 4-5 at 235, District 5 5th#, did not compete at regions).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Grisbet Guzman (26-12 at 135, District 5 runnerup, Region 2 runnerup, state 7th); Zoe Williamson (37-5 at 145, District 5 champ, Region 2 runnerup, state 5th); Jaydius Bognar (33-5 at 152, District 4 champ, 2-2 at Region 1); Chontre Weathersby (12-11 at 285, District 4 runnerup, 0-2 at Region 1).
# — additional qualifier per FHSAA schematic