We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion UNLESS a head coach sends a full snapshot of all records (team & individual) for all varsity starts (ideally boys AND girls but if boys’ only are immediately available, I’ll do what I can do). Our next team, South Walton, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
If you’re not sure if I have full results for your team, consult our schedule for the 2022-23 season; anything not fully bolded is missing.
You can see everything I have on the Seahawks & Lady Seahawks in 2022-23 here –> SOUTH WALTON
Duals record: 9-11 in duals as publicly available.
Boys’ season in a nutshell:
- 14th at Border Wars X, December 2-3 (22 teams).
- 10th at Capital City Classic, December 9-10 (17 teams).
- 3rd at 1A-District 1 Duals, December 15 (8 teams participated).
- 9th at Allstate Wildcat Invitational, December 16-17 (16 teams).
- 11th at Panhandle Championships, January 6-7 (20 teams).
- 7th at Billy Saylor Invitational, January 13-14 (10 teams).
- 8th at 4th Annual George Mulligan Memorial, January 20-21 (29 teams).
- 8th at Wakulla FCA Invitational, January 27-28 (15 teams).
- 17th at Clay Rotary, February 3-4 (69 teams).
- 4th at 1A-District 1 IBT, February 16 (8 teams).
- 9th at 1A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (35 teams).
- T-39th at 3A State IBT, March 2-4 (69 teams).
Girls’ season in a nutshell:
- 12th at Ryan Blackwell Girls’ Invitational, December 10 (12 teams).
- Allstate Wildcat, December 16 (no team scores; 17 teams).
- Panhandle Girls’ Roundrobin, January 7 (no team scores; 15 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Nathan Lyttle (sophomore, 44-17 at 106, District 1 champ, Region 1 4th, 0-2 at 1A state); Dylan Hardin (junior, 15-27 at 113, District 1 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Noah Withers (sophomore, 9-20 at 120, District 1 6th); Owen Kurfirst (sophomore, 10-18 at 120/126, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Isaac Brinson (junior, 17-4 at 126, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Gibson Moore (junior, 42-18 at 132, District 1 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 1 match from 1A state medal); Jackson Roach (sophomore, 14-24 at 138, District 1 5th); Kaden Shaw (junior, 29-25 at 160, District 1 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1); Nick Mitchell (senior, 5-24 at 170, District 1 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Cody Johnson (sophomore, 20-13 at 195, District 1 champ, did not compete at regions).
Projected girls key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): None.
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Jordan Skates (6-13 at 125, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Nick Lee (27-7 at 220/285, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Carlos Sanchez (27-13 at 285, District 1 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 1 match from 1A state medal).