We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion. To jump the line, send me full stats for all your wrestlers who competed on varsity. Our current team, Suwannee, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
You can see everything I have on the Bulldogs in 2022-23 here –> SUWANNEE
Duals record: 51-7.
Season in a nutshell:
- 5th at Border Wars X, December 2-3 (22 teams).
- 1st at Coach Kelly Duals, December 9-10 (8 teams).
- 1st at Yulee Duals, December 16-17 (18 teams).
- 2nd at Beast at the Beach, December 22-23 (20 teams).
- 1st at 1A-District 2 Duals, January 5 (5 teams participated).
- Keystone Memorial, January 6 (unknown # of teams; no team scores kept).
- 1st at 1A-Region 1 Duals, January 12 & 20 (8 teams qualified).
- 2nd at Billy Saylor Invitational, January 13-14 (10 teams).
- Semifinalist at 1A State Duals, January 21 (4 teams qualified).
- 3rd at Gene Gorman Showcase Duals, January 27-28 (11 teams).
- 1st at Cobra Duals, February 3-4 (unknown # of teams).
- 3rd at Bidwell Memorial, February 11 (21 teams).
- 1st at 1A-District 2 IBT, February 16 (6 teams).
- 1st at 1A-Region 1 IBT, February 24-25 (35 teams).
- 9th at 1A State IBT, March 2-4 (69 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Eli Jolicoeur (junior, 68-11 at 106, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 3rd, DNC at state after first day); Justin Contreras (junior, 64-10 at 113, District 2 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 1A state 8th); Topher Pearson (senior, 63-14 at 120, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 runnerup, 1A state 3rd); Jayden James (sophomore, 7-19 at 126/132, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Jonathan Gonzalez (junior, 12-32 at 132, District 2 5th); Colt Abersold (sophomore, 11-19 at 132/138, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Marshall White (junior, 46-12 at 145, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 3rd, 0-2 at 1A state); Austin McKinney (senior, 79-5 at 152, District 2 champ, Region 1 champ, 1A state 5th); Benjamin Lewis (senior, 52-24 at 182, District 2 runnerup, 2-2 at Region 1); Christian Harrell (junior, 25-17 at 182/195, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Torynn Johns (junior, 28-22 at 195, District 2 runnerup, 2-2 at Region 1); Sam Ballard (senior, 37-36 at 220, District 2 3rd, 2-2 at Region 1); Holden Corbin (sophomore, 31-36 at 285, District 2 5th).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Brody Boehm (70-9 at 126, District 2 champ, Region 1 champ, 1A state 5th); Ayden Kirby (38-21 at 138, District 2 runnerup, Region 1 4th, 0-2 at 1A state); Austin Howard (69-8 at 160, District 2 champ, Region 1 3rd, 1A state 5th); Dustin Wood (56-15 at 170, District 2 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 1 match from 1A state medal).
JOIN us on Facebook at North Florida Matmen (you can also friend me on my personal page) or on Twitter at @NorthFLAMatmen, or on Instagram at nflamatmen. Please support our independent journalism! We’re on Venmo now: Shannon-Heaton-6. Or if you prefer PayPal, search me at Shannon Heaton (use the site email account to find the correct me).