We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion. To jump the line, send me full stats for all your wrestlers who competed on varsity. Windermere, our team with notes below, was selected randomly.
We won’t always break the girls out into separate attachments. It will depend on the size of the girls’ team.
You can see everything I have on the Wolverines & Lady Wolverines in 2022-23 here –> WINDERMERE
Duals record: 2-10.
Boys’ season in a nutshell:
- 3rd at Inaugural Gauntlet on the Grove, December 3 (9 teams).
- 8th at Inaugural Golden Triangle Invitational, December 10 (14 teams).
- 17th at 49th Bill Scott Memorial Lyman Tourney, December 16-17 (24 teams).
- 4th at 3A-District 4 Duals, January 3 (4 teams participated).
- 16th at 33rd Annual Ron Peters Tournament of Champions, January 6-7 (22 teams).
- 9th at Storm Front Duals, January 21 (10 teams).
- 13th at Massung Scramble, January 28 (18 teams).
- 20th at Metro Invitational, February 3-4 (21 teams).
- 5th at 3A-District 4 IBT, February 17 (7 teams).
- 22nd at 3A-Region 1 IBT, February 25-26 (31 teams).
- T-54th at 3A State IBT, March 3-5 (80 teams).
Girls’ season in a nutshell:
- 18th at Lady Braves Invitational, November 23 (19 teams).
- 12th at Princess Punchout, November 26 (13 teams).
- Windermere Bonanza, November 29 (5 teams competed; no team scores reported).
- Lady Bear Classic, January 14 (unknown # of teams competed; no team scores reported).
- 13th at Girls’ Metro, January 27 (21 teams).
- T-10th at District 5, February 10 (14 teams).
- T-39th at Region 2, February 17 (52 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Egehan Yilhan (junior, 36-9 at 106, District 4 champ, Region 1 3rd, 1 match from 3A state medal); Lucas Drone (senior, 34-7 at 132, District 4 champ, 1 match from 3A state); Nicholas Bittner (senior, 14-16 at 145, District 4 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1); Javier Acosta (senior, 10-21 at 152, 0-2 at District 4); Daniel Pullen (sophomore, 4-31 at 182, District 4 4th, 0-2 at Region 1); Hayden Bate (junior, 4-29 at 220, District 4 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1).
Projected girls key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Alicia Williams (sophomore, 15-25 at 120, District 5 champ, 1-2 at Region 2); Emily McCormack (sophomore, 8-22 at 140, District 5 runnerup, 1-2 at Region 2).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Jacob Valdez (10-10 at 132/138, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Jason Ganesh (1-14 at 170, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series).
JOIN us on Facebook at North Florida Matmen (you can also friend me on my personal page) or on Twitter at @NorthFLAMatmen, or on Instagram at nflamatmen. Please support our independent journalism! We’re on Venmo now: Shannon-Heaton-6. Or if you prefer PayPal, search me at Shannon Heaton (use the site email account to find the correct me).