We are once again compiling #TheSeason recaps.
Teams will be selected randomly until completion. To jump the line, send me full stats for all your wrestlers who competed on varsity. Our current team, Wewahitchka, and the team after them were both selected randomly.
We won’t always break the girls out into separate attachments. It will depend on the size of the girls’ team.
You can see everything I have on the Gators in 2022-23 here –> WEWAHITCHKA BOYS
You can see everything I have on the Lady Gators in 2022-23 here –> WEWAHITCHKA GIRLS
Boys’ duals record: 13-22.
Boys’ season in a nutshell:
- 5th at Low Country (SC) Invitational, December 2-3 (7 teams).
- Quarterfinalist at 1A-District 1 Duals, December 15 (8 teams participated).
- 13th at Yulee Duals, December 16-17 (18 teams).
- 17th at Beast of the Beach, December 22-23 (20 teams).
- 12th at Panhandle Championships, January 6-7 (22 teams).
- 9th at Gator Brawl, January 13-14 (18 teams).
- 21st at 4th Annual George Mulligan Memorial, January 20-21 (29 teams).
- 10th at Wakulla FCA Invitational, January 27-28 (15 teams).
- 4th at Timberwolf Duals XIV, February 4 (8 teams).
- 5th at 1A-District 1 IBT, February 16 (8 teams).
- 14th at 1A-Region 1 IBT, February 24-25 (35 teams).
- T-23rd at 1A State IBT, March 2-4 (69 teams).
Girls’ season in a nutshell:
- Cam Brown Seminole Classic, December 3 (unknown # of teams; no team scores reported).
- 6th at Queen of the South (AL), December 19-20 (10 teams).
- Panhandle Championships Roundrobin, January 7 (15 teams; no team scores reported).
- 8th at Mulligan Memorial Girls, January 20-21 (17 teams).
- 6th at Lady Trojan Invitational, January 28 (9 teams).
- 9th at District 1, February 10 (17 teams).
- 35th at Region 1, February 18 (56 teams).
Projected boys key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Zeke Cooper (8th, 30-28 at 106, District 1 5th); Wesley Spencer (freshman, 15-35 at 126, District 1 5th); Jake Parker (junior, 60-12 at 120, District 1 runnerup, Region 1 3rd, 1A state 6th); Luke Bryan (freshman, 14-43 at 132, District 1 6th); Jarrett Spencer (senior, 28-31 at 152, District 1 runnerup, 0-2 at Region 1); Calvin Carpenter (freshman, 32-23 at 170, District 1 runnerup, 2-2 at Region 1); James Hardy (sophomore, 27-25 at 220, District 1 3rd, 0-2 at Region 1); Sam Hunter (senior, 7-14 at 285, District 1 6th).
Projected girls key returners (15+ matches or post-season experience this past season) for 2023-24 (with year in school as of next season): Kameron Easter (freshman, 13-21 at 110, District 1 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1); MaKani Young (freshman, 7-18 at 115, District 1 6th); Angel Williams (senior, 12-16 at 120, District 1 5th); Madi Ferrell (8th, 6-19 at 120, did not compete in FHSAA IBT series); Mia Beatty (freshman, 11-16 at 125, District 1 4th, 1-2 at Region 1); Avery Forehand (sophomore, 9-12 at 130, District 1 3rd, 1-2 at Region 1).
Projected losses (15+ reported matches or post-season experience this past season) via graduation unless otherwise noted: Conner Roberts (54-7 at 160, District 1 champ, Region 1 runnerup, 1A state 6th).
JOIN us on Facebook at North Florida Matmen (you can also friend me on my personal page) or on Twitter at @NorthFLAMatmen, or on Instagram at nflamatmen. Please support our independent journalism! We’re on Venmo now: Shannon-Heaton-6. Or if you prefer PayPal, search me at Shannon Heaton (use the site email account to find the correct me).